Sunday, March 18, 2012

My New iPad Thrice Case

As I have acquired the iPad Thrice (That is my name for the New iPad), I need to have the leather craftsman make adjustments to the one he handcrafted two years ago. This guy did a great job.
The original iPad is thicker and the Thrice is thinner, so I need the holders adjusted and I am having changes made to the front.
First off, I really wanted a skin for the Thrice. Gelaskins and UniqueSkins do not have skins yet but, I had left over fake wood 3M material I use for my Steampunk bike project. (A tip, Unique skins allows you to design your own skin and sometimes they run a buy one get one free, so I utilized a 17" Mac book design to give me the most amount of fake wood design) I did not have enough to fully cover it but I was able to cut strips and create a 60's look for the back. The back is covered enough to save the aluminum from being scratched.




Well this will take a couple of weeks as the craftsman will be out of town, so I need to have a temp one made.
I found this great Edward Gorey appointment book from 1999 that is close to the exact size. There is a wee short length but will not harm it. The inside pages really did not amount to anything so I remover them with an Exacto knive. Then I re-enforced the inside with black duct tape. To hold the pad in place I used elastic super glued to the inside. This will be my back up case until I get my leather one back.








- Posted using BlogPress from my awesome steampowered iTouch.

Location:Oak St,Jacksonville,United States

No comments: